What to expect at a jury?
- Artisans will be asked to describe how they make their craft and where the materials come from.
- Crafts should be presented as they would be displayed at the craft fair, including tags or labels or packaging.
- The jury is looking for a variety of quality crafts that will sell well.
- Artisans will receive feedback on how products could be finished differently or improved.
- Artisans may receive an immediate “yes” at the jury. Most artisans will have to wait about 24 hours to receive a decision by email, especially in popular categories. The emailed decision may be a yes, no or “pending”. “Pending” means that you will have to wait until after the final jury.
What to bring to the jury?
- Completed application form
- Craft samples
- Patience (you may have to wait in line)